Join us June 17-19, 2022, in beautiful Cherokee, North Carolina for an event unlike any other. The Wheel Scorcher at Fire Mountain is a downhill Onewheel race in the heart of the Great Smoky Mountains. Come enjoy all Cherokee has to offer while racing in one of the most epic Onewheel downhill races on the planet. Fire Mountain Trails provide the perfect backdrop to such an epic weekend. This race has something for everyone to enjoy!
Sunday, June 19, 2022, we'll host a Streetstyle Event at the legendary Cherokee Skate Park. We will also include ramps from the FloatLife Fest Streetstyle Course to make a Onewheel trick set up not seen in competitions before. We'll host Onewheel "Float with The Pros" clinics here throughout the weekend as well. Don't miss out! Register now!
The Fire Mountain Trails are Cherokee’s newest source for big adventure—a multiuse trail system that’s made to mountain bike, hike, or run. The network of trails is more than 10.5 miles total, so there’s plenty of room for everyone to recreate safely, responsibly…and flowy?
That’s right—if you like your trails with a nice flow of features, with fun berms and quick hits of elevation that are manageable and fun, Fire Mountain is made for you. You’ll find tables, rock gardens, and blinds for those who know, along with single-track and wider sections, spots that are smooth and fast, and trails that invite the more technically accomplished with options for those less so. The trailhead is located about 100 yards from the Oconaluftee Indian Village in Cherokee and shares a parking lot. The trails interlace through the nearby Great Smoky Mountains, so you already know the views and terrain will take your breath away, even if your recreation of choice doesn’t!
○ Participants must be 14 years of age or older
○ Participants between 14-18 must have a parent or guardian present and signature
○ All Participants must sign racer waiver provided by Future Motion & Wheel Scorcher
○ All participants must adhere to all ORL Rules and Responsibilities
○ Participants may participate in as many qualifying events as they would like
○ All participants must wear a helmet and wrist guards during race and/or time trials
○ Personal board must be used for time trail and/or trick competition
○ Alcohol consumption for participants is not allowed prior to race or time trials.
Any racer suspicious of intoxication will be disqualified
“Here are the rules.”